What is Financial Futures?
This twelve-week program facilitated by Women’s Money Matters, provides coaching and curriculum geared specifically for women who want to gain control over their finances, increase economic self-sufficiency, and transform their lives by learning core money management skills.
Financial Futures is made possible by United Way of Greater New Bedford's Women United. Click here to learn more about Women United.
Becoming a Financial Futures Presenter
The presenter plays a key role in the smooth and effective workshop experience and is responsible for engaging the audience and delivering the provided curriculum in an interesting and meaningful way. This position requires enthusiasm for the topic, experience engaging an audience of different backgrounds, time management, organization, and planning skills. The program includes 10-16 workshops covering various topics presented either in-person or virtually via Zoom.
- Attend a 1-2 hour presenter orientation.
- Present 1-4 workshops per program (presenters’ choice), 1.5 hours in length (including breakout sessions.)
- Join workshop 20 minutes before the start time to meet and engage with program leader.
- You may specialize in one topic or several.
- A volunteer manager will notify you of available opportunities.
- Lesson plans and slide decks (for virtual programs) will be provided.
- Know your topic and be prepared.
- Be sensitive to the personal backgrounds of your audience.
- Share expertise/experiences with the audience as long as you follow curriculum and time guidelines.
- Building the Coaching Relationship “Getting to Know You.”
- Budgeting “Wants Vs. Needs,” “Getting On Track,” “Earn, Spend, & Save.”
- Banking “Keeping Your Money Safe.”
- Debt Management “Building Credit” and “Repairing Credit.”
- Making the most of what you have “Fighting Fraud,” “Healthy Eating,” “Saving for Retirement,” “Financial Health for Families.”
- Life Transitions “A Place of Your Own” and “Building Your Best Asset: Higher
- Wrapping up “Moving On” and “Graduation.”
Once selected to be a Financial Futures presenter, you are eligible to present additional Women’s Money Matters programs. If interested in becoming a presenter, please reach out to Berny Lugo email@example.com
Questions about Financial Futures? Contact Paula Montgomery at 508.994.9625 ext. 213 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.