We have postponed the Mini Grant application process until Fall 2020 and will re-open the online application in September. Please check back over the summer for an updated timeline and any further updates.
United Way’s Community Building Mini-Grants Program is the only local resource to promote civic involvement and bring about positive change at the grassroots all-volunteer level. The goal of the Mini-Grants Program is to encourage volunteerism and creative thinking as a viable way to strengthen all aspects of our community. The program encourages community building by supporting citizens to come together, form and build relationships, and address a need or issue of concern. Groups must align their project proposals with a United Way impact area: Health, Education, Financial Stability, or Basic Needs.
Grants are awarded up to $2,500 to provide local volunteer groups get small-scale community projects off the ground. And the program offers networking opportunities that enable groups to find other like-minded individuals to collaborate with so they can make an even bigger impact in the community.
To be eligible for Mini-Grant funding, groups/organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Must be all-volunteer groups with an established membership
- Have an annual budget/income must not exceed $40,000
- Projects must be specific, small in scale, have a realistic plan and build our local community
- Projects must be in the areas of Health, Education, Financial Stability, or Basic Needs
- Group must be based in New Bedford, Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, Mattapoisett, Marion, Rochester, or Wareham
- Legal incorporation 501-(3) is NOT required
- All applicants, including past Mini-Grantees, are encouraged to attend an Information Session
- Projects may be funded up to $2,500
- Application deadline is in April
- Information Sessions are held in March
- Projects must be completed within one (1) year of the grant award
- A progress report must be submitted at project completion
For more information about the Community Building Mini-Grants Program, please contact Michelle Hantman at 508-994-9625, ext. 212 or email@example.com
Reimbursement forms MUST be submitted through the CommunityForce portal at unitedwayofgnb.communityforce.com