United Way of Greater New Bedford is aware that especially in these uncertain times, access to food and other basic needs is crucial for families. If you find yourself struggling to feed yourself and your family, here are some places in Greater New Bedford that you can go. Our Hunger Commission serves all of these locations.
For families with school aged children, New Bedford Public Schools has set up Grab & Go meals sites from 11:30 am -1 pm Monday through Friday. These sites are Alfred J. Gomes Elementary, *NEW SITE* Brickenwood Housing, Campbell Elementary, Carney Academy, Hayden-McFadden Elementary, Lincoln Elementary (Moved to Normandin Middles School on 3/30), Keith Middle, and Roosevelt Middle
At Dartmouth Public Schools ALL children under 18 can receive meals – two breakfast and lunches will be provided to take home. No ID or proof of school enrollment is required, but the child must be present. Families will be able to drive through to pick up meals – Location: Quinn Elementary School, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 11:00am-1:00 pm.
Local pantries open to individuals and families:
- Catholic Social Services: 238 Bonney St New Bedford open Wednesday & Thursday 10 am – 12 pm
- M.O. L.I.F.E., Inc. Food Pantry: 725 Pleasant St, New Bedford, MA 02740 open Wednesday’s 9 am – 12pm.
- PACE Food Pantry: 161 William St New Bedford open Monday- Friday 10am-2 pm
- Salvation Army New Bedford: 619 Purchase St New Bedford – By Appointment ONLY – call 508- 997-6561
- Sister Rose Soup Kitchen: 75 Division St New Bedford open Monday – Friday 11 am – 1 pm
Damien’s Place & St. Anthony’s are currently closed.
For additional food resources, check out Grub to Give.